Home > Centerpieces > Hire
Wedding Centerpieces Hire
Find the cheap wedding ideas you are looking for:
Are They A Cheap Option?
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Other links on this site may lead to other companies that I'm associated with and this is how I can keep this site going and save you money on your wedding.
Wedding centerpieces hire you would think would be cheaper than buying but that is not always the case, here are some ideas to help you save money on hiring your wedding centerpiece.
- Starting with the facts if you want something big and elaborate it will in most cases be cheaper to hire by at least a third of the cost of buying the same centerpiece. At the end of your wedding your centerpieces will go back to the hire company, if you had bought them you may be able to get your money back by selling them on Ebay, the risk is that you may not sell them.
- Don't forget that you will also have to pay a deposit to hire items, sometimes that will be a non-refundable deposit.
- If you are just hiring the items and not including set up then you may have to collect the items from the rental companies. Or there maybe an extra charge for delivery.
- However a recent wedding wanted Moroccan style lanterns as their wedding centerpieces, they could have been hired at $10 each which is a fairly cheap centerpiece as all that is needed are candles and petals to scatter on the tables. It ended up being cheaper to buy them on Ebay, 12 Moroccan lanterns were $78.95 at a buy it now price with free shipping, that worked out at $6.58 per lantern and they were theirs to do with as they wanted - which was to give them as gifts to their guests.
It definitely pays to shop around!
Some hire companies also list on Ebay too.
- Also don't forget vintage when you are planning your wedding centerpiece, in other words thrift stores! They are an Aladdin's cave of pretty things if you are willing to take the time to look. Colored glass and glass in general are an obvious one, but also have a look at mirrors, candles, bowls, plates, photoframes and wine glasses. All of these make great centerpieces! Each table may not be the same but try and have a theme that runs through all of the centerpieces - it could be the same color or use the same flowers in each vase, the same photo or poem in each frame, or the same pyramid of favors on each plate.
- If you are using a traditional function venue then it is worth asking if they have candelabras or lanterns that you can use, often these would be included in the price if you were holding a function but often get missed if it is a wedding as they presume you will want to do your own thing. If you want candles ask! There may be a small wedding centerpieces hire charge for these but see if you can negotiate that they include them in the price - they would only be sitting in a cupboard doing nothing if you don't use them!
- When you first start to plan your wedding decorations think about what you want and the overall look, then work out if it is cheaper to go with wedding centerpiece hire or buy. You may be surprised at the results!
top of page
Keep Up To Date With All The Latest Wedding Savings