› Make Your Own Decorations
Make Your Own Wedding Decorations
Find the cheap wedding ideas you are looking for:
Make your own wedding decorations is a great way to save money when you are wanting your wedding to look like a fairytale and you don't have the money!
Her are lots of extra ideas to help you with your own decor, click on the pictures below to read the tips and see lots of extra photos.
- Start by finding your help because decorating your wedding reception is not a one person job.
- Find out from your wedding venue when you can get into the room to decorate , you may be lucky and find that the room is free the day before which means that you will be able to spend the day getting everything ready. Quite often wedding venues will have a function the day before so unless you want to pay to hire the room the day before you may find that you are doing the decorations on the day of the wedding, which is why you need the extra help!
- Ask your wedding venue to have the tables set up at least with tablecloths before you go into decorate.
- Staff at the venue will be able to place your wedding table decorations in place for you so don't worry about doing those, just make sure you leave very specific instructions and out of politeness check they are ok with this before you leave everything!
Before you make or buy any wedding decorations think about your theme and visit the venue to see what areas you want to hide (wedding reception backdrops) and those you want to show off. Plus a few extra tricks to save you money on your wedding reception decorations.
Set yourself a budget and try to stick with it, don't go mad and buy everything that you can find that fits with your theme!
How To Plan Your Wedding Decorations
The idea of cheap wedding decorations can send cold shivers down most people as they imagine decorations that have had a hard life, possibly made of cheap plastic and just don't look quite right.
So how do you make the most of your limited decoration budget?
- Firstly, make sure you have a budget, it is all too easy to just add another garden gnome (just kidding) into the shopping trolley.
- Secondly, check out the venue that you are using for your wedding. Even if it is a marquee, ask the company if you can see the tent up. This way you can walk through the room as if it was set up for your reception, imagine the tables and chairs in place and then take a good look at the room.
- Think about the areas that will make the most impact, entrances, top table, dance floor and the biggest problem area!You will now be able to plan where you allocate your decorating budget and now avoid spending money on areas and items that won't get seen.
- An easy cheap wedding decoration idea is to use balloons, speak to a local supplier about costing the areas that you want covered. You don't need to turn the room into a children's party or have balloons on every table, columns and clusters of balloons can give a focal point to a room where there wasn't one. To save even more money if you are just thinking of having clusters, you can buy the balloons and ribbon and the helium and do your own. From my own experience this simple display is fairly straight forward, remember to buy extra balloons and have lots of volunteers as it can take some time.
- Homegrown flowers or flowers in season are a cheap way to add color to a room, pots of daffodils or even decorated pots with a pillar candle and ivy can add a simple elegant touch.
- Tulle, which is that almost net curtain type material can be great to drape around ugly pillars.
- Fairy lights are great for an evening reception and the net lights look great against a window as they reflect and you get double the twinkle.
- Big branches can be cemented into a large pot and either sprayed silver or white with lights looks stunning.
- Renting large plants and even trees in tubs is a quick way to hide areas, they don't cost that much for a short rental as they mainly will hire to offices and they normally deliver.
- Work with the venue as they will know how the room has been decorated before and what works well. You don't need to reinvent the wheel or even create a magical wonderland that wouldn't look out of place in a Broadway show, just have fun and let your creative side come out an play.
- Don't forget you can buy pre-owned wedding decorations on most wedding forum sites. What else are you going to do with 20 fake trees dressed in green glitter and covered in plastic decorations when you have finished? Sell, sell, sell and your cheap wedding decoration idea may even make you money!
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Other links on this site may lead to other companies that I'm associated with and this is how I can keep this site going and save you money on your wedding.
top of page
Keep Up To Date With All The Latest Wedding Savings
New! CommentsHave your say about what you just read! Leave me a comment in the box below.