Home > Venue > Save
Find the cheap wedding ideas you are looking for:
On Your Wedding Reception Venues
There is no getting away from the fact that your wedding
venue will be the most expensive item in your wedding budget but there are ways
to reduce how much you are going to pay.
I know a number of brides that have managed to get thousands
off the price of their wedding reception by following these tips.
- Start by doing your research on the cost of your venue and whether they offer discounts for weddings taking place on Friday or Sundays, or any other time.
One bride found an old discount for the venue she
wanted and they honored that discount for her too, even though it had expired.
- Arrange a meeting at your venue and be as nice as possible.
We are all human … and nice, friendly people do have an advantage over those
that expect the earth!
- Find out exactly what the venue is offering within the price
– you don’t want to be paying any nasty unexpected extras. If you find it
easier, print off a copy of my venue checklist so you have all your questions
you need to ask.
- When they quote you the price, do ask if this is their best
price. Do ask if they are able to offer any discounts and if they are and you
are happy with the new price go for it.
- If you tell the venue your budget, they will normally do their best
to work towards it if it is reasonable.
- If you are happier asking for discounts in writing then ask
for their email address.
Do not make a booking or pay a deposit on the day of your
first meeting if you haven’t received a discount or the price is more than you
want to pay, say you want to go home and have a think about it all.
When you are home, write them an email;
Thank you so much for showing me and my fiancée The Old
School House today, we loved the room and the gardens. Unfortunately the price
quoted is more than our budget of $2000 and we were wondering if you were able
to offer any discount on this?
If you can, we will be able to pay our deposit and sign any
contracts you need later today to secure the date.
Many thanks for your time and look forward to hearing from
The Date Is Important
If the date of your wedding is this year and your wedding reception venue haven’t
already filled the date they will be more likely to discount. If your date is
next year you may find that they won’t discount.
However, rather than discount they may be willing to add
extras into the package. Items that do get added are;
- Drinks package upgrades
- Evening buffet upgrades
- Additional bedrooms in a discount package
- Length of time you have the room
- Rental items for free
You can also use these same items to reduce your price
- Sparkling wine instead of Champagne
- Have your evening buffet for less people, especially if you
are having a late meal.
- Have French fries and hotdogs served later in the evening
rather than an evening buffet.
- Don’t have the venues decorating packages.
You lose nothing by asking for a discount and there is so
much to be saved if you do.
Here are some of the wedding reception discounts brides have managed to get so
“saved $5000 and they threw in extras, it pays to be cheeky!” Emma
“I asked and they discounted my package by $750. Worst they can say is no!” Sam
“I managed to knock 2000 off my venue” Lisa
“We fell in love with a venue that was double our budget. When we told them how much we had they came in under our budget. We compromised on the date by having it out of season, our wedding cake was our dessert and we had a cash bar.” Sarah
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Other links on this site may lead to other companies that I'm associated with and this is how I can keep this site going and save you money on your wedding.
Keep Up To Date With All The Latest Wedding Savings
top of page